Dan Handford is one of the managing partners with PassiveInvesting.com, a national passive apartment investment firm based in the Carolinas. Before getting started investing in real estate, Dan had an extensive background in starting multiple seven-figure businesses from scratch, including a large group of non-surgical orthopedic medical clinics located in South Carolina.
[00:01 – 14:32] How The Entrepreneurial Journey Started
- I introduce the guest, Dan Handford.
- Dan’s current focus:
- https://www.passiveinvesting.com/, a private equity real estate firm
- Their current projects and ‘just closed’ deals during COVID
- Dan talks about his background and how his journey to entrepreneurship began.
- His current businesses started when he was still in college.
- Licensed chiropractor
- He stumbled upon real estate when trying to figure how to reduce his tax liabilities.
[14:33 – 19:01] Work, Life, Family Balance
- Keeping work and family life balanced
- Listen to how Dan balances his personal life and work-life
[19:02 – 27:05] Transitioning to Real Estate
- Becoming an active real estate investor to maximize the tax benefits
- Dan talks about why he does everything he does
- It’s not about the money
- Finding his purpose and making an impact in the world
- Transitioning from the CEO of his clinic to an active real estate investor
[27:06 - 40:30] Financial Literacy For Children
- Building financial literacy within the family
- Teaching the kids how to manage their finances
- Jumping headfirst into real estate
- Dan shares his journey in real estate investing
- Dan talks about the person who played the biggest role in molding him to who he is today.
- Managing all of his businesses and investments
- Delegating roles
[40:31 – 50:19] The Contrarian 3-Pack
- What would you say is the most contrarian investment you’ve made?
- Looking for a supplement (and buying the company that makes it) for my patients when I was still practicing as a chiropractor.
- What’s your favorite activity to do with your friends and family outside of work?
- I really enjoy playing racquetball.
- Staying active with the kids
- What actions, whether within work or family, offer you the most fulfillment in life?
- Fortify Foundation, a Christian non-profit organization.
- Connect with Dan. See the links below.
“I’m the type of person that if I wanna learn something, I learn it.” – Dan Handford.
“You got to prove yourself, and once you prove yourself, then they’re gonna be more apt to being able to allow you to be able to do certain things that will be normally outside of their comfort zone.” – Dan Handford
You can connect with Dan on https://www.passiveinvesting.com/ and join their passive investing club. Visit https://www.multifamilyinvestornation.com/optin24036696 and join their weekly webinar about multifamily education. For more information about the Fortify Foundation, visit https://fortify.schoolgiving.org/
LEAVE A REVIEW + help the podcast grow by sharing it with your friends, family, or someone in need.
Follow me on LinkedIn or visit our website to know more.
Think Different. Earn Different. Live Fulfilled.