Maurice Philogene is a Senior Executive, Real Estate Investor, Restaurant Owner, World Explorer of 96 Countries, Public Servant (Federal Agent & Police Officer), and Philanthropist. His passion is to serve clients in the consulting space and help hardworking professionals achieve the five freedoms - Financial Freedom via passive income, Freedom of Time, Geographic Freedom, Freedom of Relationships, and Purpose - all through multi-family investing and lifestyle design. Maurice acquires multi-family properties to generate passive income and build a legacy. His shift towards lifestyle design has started - living how, where, and in what way he wants to live - all while helping people along the way. He intends to move and live in the Mediterranean Region or spend a significant amount of time there as his new base.
[00:01 – 04:12] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome the guest, Maurice Philogene
- Maurice talks about the BIG THING happening for him right now
[04:12 – 28:24] Maurice’s Story
- Maurice talks about how it all started
- Growing up as an immigrant kid (his family is from Haiti)
- Worked for an accounting firm straight out of college (Now on his 23rd year with Accenture)
- How his real estate journey started
- Juggling between real estate and corporate America
- Reaching financial freedom
- The essence of time
- Hustling with a purpose
- Create more time by creating passive income
[28:24 – 34:10] Control Your Time and Mobility
- Hear Maurice’s advice on how you can better define your w-2 career and control your time and mobility.
- “Ask a better question. And ask for forgiveness, not permission.”
[34:11 – 46:59] Traveling To 96 Countries
- Traveling to 96 countries through lifestyle design and passive income
- Maurice talks about his experiences from traveling around the world and why he does it.
- The impact of his lifestyle on his kids
- “I want them to understand that the world has value beyond these commercial things that we tend to value.”
[47:00 – 54:05] The Contrarian 3-Pack
- What would you say is the most contrarian investment you’ve ever made?
- “I fell forward and failed forward going after condominium foreclosures in DC.”
- What’s your favorite activity to do with your friends and family outside of work?
- Playing monopoly with the kids and teaching them about business and investments.
- What actions, whether within work or family, offer you the most fulfillment in life?
- “Giving back in meaningful ways.”
- Connect with Maurice. See the links below.
“Time is everything. Time is the only real asset that we have in life.” – Maurice Philogene
“If you have a purpose behind your hustle, chances are you’ll have a better opportunity of actually making the end line that you set for yourself.” – Maurice Philogene
“Travel is the constant learning piece.” – Maurice Philogene
“I want to use my time in a more meaningful way.” – Maurice Philogene
Connect with Maurice on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. For more information about investment opportunities, visit Quattro Capital’s website at https://www.thequattroway.com/.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help the podcast grow by sharing it with your friends, family, or someone in need.
Follow me on LinkedIn or visit our website to know more.
Think Different. Earn Different. Live Fulfilled.