Growing up, Yonah was against the idea that everyone needs to go to college. He was a ‘rebel’ and was contradicting the norms of their family tradition. Figuring out his passion, he found the first thing that was really close to his heart, religion. After finishing college, Yonah went on a spiritual journey and returned to a new and better man whose passion is to help people in need and add value to their lives.
[00:01 – 11:16] Who is Yonah Weiss?
- I introduce the guest, Yonah Weiss.
- Things currently keeping Yonah busy:
- Podcasting. Listen to his podcast, Weiss Advice
- Working on his first multifamily investment as a sponsor
- Yonah tells us his story
- A ‘rebel’ growing up
- Discovering his passion
- Going off on a spiritual journey
- Yonah talks about his passion for teaching
[11:17 – 27:15] Yonah’s Real Estate Journey
- Yonah talks about his transition to real estate.
- Why real estate?
- Joining Madison SPECS
- Acquiring the title “The Cost Seg King.”
- Quick plug to John Casmon and Target Market Insights Podcast. See the links below
[27:16 – 36:21] Social Media Networking
- Yonah walks us through how he utilized LinkedIn and the power it holds
- Commitment and wait for the results
- Content creation
- Meeting people
- The power to reach people
[36:21 – 45:30] Yonah’s Reality
- Entering Yonah’s reality as a person with a passion for helping others
- What do people that reach out to you ask you?
- “For me, it’s just about giving back.”
- The downside of being too generous
- People think Yonah is the CEO of Madison SPECS
- Yonah’s fondness of philanthropy and charity
[45:31 – 51:43] The Contrarian 3-Pack
- What would you say is the most contrarian investment you’ve made?
- A development of 28 townhomes
- What’s your favorite activity to do with your friends and family outside of work?
- Hangout with my kids.
- What actions, whether within work or family, offer you the most fulfillment in life?
- Being alone and just with my thoughts, meditating, praying.
- What does success mean to you?
- Really being able to help people.
- Connect with Yonah online. See the links below.
“For me, it’s just about giving back, right? It’s about, ‘What can I do to help people? What can I do to give to people?’” – Yonah Weiss
“I find that everything that happens to a person in their life really happens for a reason. So, the people you meet, the places you go, and the people that I met in San Diego were extremely instrumental in shaping my life and who I am.” – Yonah Weiss
Connect with Yonah on LinkedIn. Visit his website and book a Calendly call with him. Check out his podcast, Weiss Advice.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help the podcast grow by sharing it with your friends, family, or someone in need.
Follow me on LinkedIn or visit our website to know more.
Think Different. Earn Different. Live Fulfilled.
Let’s stay Contrarian!