In this episode, I bring with me, Ryan Condie. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Ryan spent 8 years in software sales at billion-dollar companies. It wasn't long when he realized that being in the corporate world is not something he is passionate about, and so, he left Corporate America to start his own business. A few businesses later, and with the success that he is picking up, he switched his focus on acquiring and growing businesses.
[00:01 – 06:23] How everything started
- Ryan shares what keeps him busy these days
- Ryan talks about his childhood and what sparked the entrepreneurial fire within him
- Stumbling upon business acquisitions
[06:24 – 20:35] From Corporate to Entrepreneur
- Ryan talks about his transition from the corporate world to becoming an entrepreneur
- Ryan on pursuing the life you want to live and how you can do it
- The importance of having the support of your partner/spouse
[20:36 – 42:21] Business Acquisitions
- Ryan talks about the first business he acquired
- The skills you need for business acquisitions
- Ryan's advice on how to find your niche
- Start with the end in mind
- Common mistakes new investors make in acquiring a business
- How to get started with business acquisitions
- Buying mature businesses vs. Startups
[42:22 – 46:28] The Contrarian 3-Pack
- What would you say is the most contrarian investment you've made?
- Betting in myself and pursuing someone to become my mentor
- What's your favorite activity to do with your friends and family outside of work?
- We love the mountains. Spending time with family and friends hiking, skiing, and more.
- What actions, whether within work or family, offer you the most fulfillment in life?
- Coming home from work, and my daughter giving me a hug.
- Connect with Ryan. Links available below.
"If you start looking for anything under the sky, it's gonna be hard to find something because everything will look interesting…you can get into a dangerous habit of being able to [get] paralysis by analysis where you just can't make any decision." – Ryan Condie
"You need to surround yourself with people who are good at the things you're not good at." – Ryan Condie
You can connect with Ryan on Twitter, LinkedIn, or at https://letsbuyabusiness.com/
LEAVE A REVIEW + help the podcast grow by sharing it with your friends, family, or someone in need.
Follow me on LinkedIn or visit our website to know more.
Think Different. Earn Different. Live Fulfilled.