Is our country's obsession with health actually making us healthier?
Even before COVID-19 hit, health and wellness in modern America was big business, and a growing feature of our social media feeds. However, is our society focused on the right aspects of health or are we viewing it in a healthy way? This week we're getting a refreshingly holistic take on the world of health. Dr. Tiffany Lester is here to shed some light on this complex and often misunderstood field, including:
- Why it's a mistake to see healthcare as a debate between traditional medicine and functional medicine, and how they really can help inform each other.
- Why properly managing sleep and stress needs to be a bigger focus for most Americans.
- What all the fuss about gut health is really about and why we all should nourish our microbiome.
- Why it can be risky to take trendy supplements like Ashwagandha, magnesium, or fish oil without understanding them properly first.
In a year defined by one of the biggest health crises of the modern era, this episode has eye-opening perspectives and practical advice for all of us to live healthier, happier lives.
Episode Show Notes:
- Learn more about Tiffany on her Instagram page and her home base on Parsley Health.
- Season 2 of the podcast The Dream is all about the wellness industry.
- TIffany recommended using Google Scholar and PubMed for legitimate health and nutrition studies.
- Tiffany says that higher-priced fish oils are often higher quality.
- Tiffany's go-to karaoke song is anything by Whitney Houston.