Cryptocurrency and especially bitcoin has been one of the most over-hyped technologies this decade. To better understand the opportunity for cryptocurrencies and blockchain, I spoke with Jeremy Epstein, CEO of Never Stop Marketing, who has 20 years of international marketing experience.
Most recently, Jeremy was VP, Marketing at Sprinklr which grew from a $20 million valuation and 30 people to $1.8 billion valuation and 1400 people in 4 years.
Today, Jeremy is a highly sought-after marketing advisor in the crypto/blockchain industry and has worked with some of the leading and most innovative projects including OpenBazaar, Zcash, and DCorp.
He's spent the last 4 years deeply understanding the world of crypto and blockchain and his insights in this episode should help you better understand what lies ahead for this much discussed technology,
In this episode we covered:
- What interested you about cryptocurrencies?
- Why is cryptocurrency so misunderstood?
- Why crypto represents the next evolution of the internet
- The value transfer revolution
- Re-engineering Blockchain in 2019?
- Is Blockchain always the best solution?
- The open public blockchain
- Helping the 2Bn unbanked people
- Creating a global trust layer
- Stakeholder capitalism
- The problem with bitcoin - humans are greedy
- What does it feel like to own crypto?
- Facebook's crypto ambition - Libra
- The rise of surveillance capitalism
- The problem with Facebook launching Libra
- How holding bitcoin increases its value
- Participatory capital
- Who is responsible for promoting the benefits of crypto?
- Blockchain can help with insurance policies
- Rapid insurance payments using smart contracts
- Sending donations using bitcoin
- Three things for next week
1. Read the bitcoin whitepaper
2. Buy some bitcoin
3. Send someone some bitcoin
For more on Andrew - what he speaks about and replays of recent talks, please visit ActionableFuturist.com follow @AndrewGrill on Twitter or @andrew.grill on Instagram.