In Episode 3 we speak with James Poulter, the co-founder of Voice Agency Vixen Labs and answer the question “What’s the Future of … Voice?”.
In this show we covered a range of topics including:
- Why James started podcasting back in 2007
- Key learnings from being an early podcaster
- How the next generation will interact with computers using voice
- How smart speakers will drive the growth of all voice services
- Is there a voice “killer app” yet?
- What will Google Duplex do for voice?
- Building empathy into voice services
- The science of voice phrasing for success
- The notion of a “brand tone of voice”
- Predictions for voice in the next 18 months?
- The possibility for dedicated voice departments
- Ambient listening - what is it and what are the implications?
- How voice is growing thanks to “screen fatigue”
- The rise of voice + AR
- Voice in the enterprise
- Privacy vs utility - crossing the “privacy chasm”
- Three things listeners can do next week to experiment with voice
- Offer of a free Amazon Echo to the first listener to contact James @JamesPoulter with the hashtag #practicalfuturistpodcast
More about James
Voice 2 Community
For more on Andrew - what he speaks about and replays of recent talks, please visit ActionableFuturist.com follow @AndrewGrill on Twitter or @andrew.grill on Instagram.