We spoke with James Cridland, Editor of leading podcast news site Podnews.
Podcasting is on the rise, with 96,500 new podcasts in May 2020 alone. On this episode we discussed a number of topics related to podcasting, including:
- Is Podcasting is on the increase?
- The half-life of a podcast series
- Is podcasting the new blogging?
- How Podnews started
- Producing a daily podcast and newsletter
- The future of RSS
- Apple's dominance in RSS standards
- Spotify as a competitor
- Is Google number 3 in Podcasting?
- Is the Joe Rogan/Spotify deal the first of many?
- Will we see the rise of "walled gardens"?
- Apple's dominance with podcast discovery
- IMDB as a podcast directory?
- The importance of measurement & monetisation
- Monetisation beyond advertising
- The future of corporate podcasting
- Private corporate podcasting
- What is the future of podcasting?
Quick fire round
- Favourite Podcast
- Favourite podcast app
- Apple or Spotify?
- Favourite length of podcast
- The last podcast you listened to
Three things to take advantage of podcasting
- Subscribe to Podnews.net
- Listen to other podcasts
- Learn how to edit audio
More information on James can be found at jamescridland.net
The podcasts and products mentioned on the podcast are listed below
Podcast Festival - podcastfestival.events
The Bugle Podcast
Hindenberg Journalist Pro
Sign up for the Podnews daily newsletter at podnews.net
For more on Andrew - what he speaks about and replays of recent talks, please visit ActionableFuturist.com follow @AndrewGrill on Twitter or @andrew.grill on Instagram.