Mar 9, 2020
#036: $hootin' the Financial $hit: The Cost of Addiction
Do you struggle with an addiction?
Most of the time when we think about addiction, we think of addictions to hard drugs. But there are many "drugs" with addictive properties that are also legal.
* Alcohol – for example, wine, beer or liquor
* Amphetamine or similarly acting sympathomimetics – for example, speed or crystal meth
* Benzodiazepines – for example, Xanax, Valium or Klonopin
* Caffeine – for example, coffee, tea or sports drinks
* Cannabis – for example, marijuana, grass or hash
* Inhalants – for example, poppers or aerosols
* Nicotine – for example, cigarettes, cigars or nicotine patches
* Opioids – for example, heroin, morphine or painkillers
* Sedatives, hypnotics or anxiolytics – for example, sleeping pills or downers
But addiction can also be a behavior. The most common behavioral addictions include:
* Computer — for example, internet, video games, social networking sites, cybersex or online gambling