The first step to college and career readiness is self-knowledge. Loren Kelly teaches parents and teens how to identify strengths and use those to identify possible career paths.
Links referred to in the episode:
- ONET Website - www.mynextmove.com - This is a free website provided by the government that has an online assessment, labor market information (wage, demand, etc.), and education/training information on each career.
- Work Values Assessment - https://www.123test.com/workvalues-motivation/ - This website is free and helps young people identify which of 14 work values they desire most. Loren loves this one for self-awareness.
- Truity Personality Test - https://www.truity.com/test/type-finder-personality-test-new - Truity has several versions of the Myers-Briggs personality assessment. This particular one is free and still provides some great career perspective.
- Loren's website and free guides for parents - https://lorenkellycoaching.com - Front and center on the homepage are two links to free guides for parents. One is for a roadmap that outlines the five steps to college and career planning that she mentioned today and the other helps parents uncover intrinsic motivation within their students.
- Informational Interview Guide - http://eepurl.com/gkvpw1 - This is Loren's free informational interview guide that helps students and parents navigate a low-prep, high-impact career planning activity! Follow these easy steps to collect great information from a professional in a field of interest.