James and I talk about how he using his NLP skills in his new business.
He uses many more than three things, but here are his top three;
Told from his point of view!
1. Rapport skills
- I am intensely dialed into whom I am speaking with in my driver roster and configure my interactions with them to match and pace the conversation.
- When addressing groups I am careful to cover all modalities with regard to using visual, auditory, and kinesthetic as well as move-away from and move-toward language patterns.
2. The LAB Profile
- I have been using the LAB profile anywhere from hiring drivers and executive staff to working with my customers and vendors.
- I build a mental profile of that person and use it in my arsenal when maintaining and building rapport
3. State Management Skill
- Maybe the most impactful skill I've utilized. In terms of managing my own emotional responses to situations. Focusing on what variables I do know and are actual rather than "imagined outcomes."
- Being more aware of when I lose state and the ability to return to a more effective state rather than remaining in an ineffective one.
- Not allowing negative emotional states to envelope me based on unknown information about a situation or person
4. Honorable mention; The NLP Presuppositions.
Thank you, James!