What are some of the things we put off doing, don’t do, think about doing but don’t do even though we know how to do them?
It can be as simple as reading a book, fixing something in your house, taking a class, returning that shirt. or changing the oil in your car. This isn’t even taking into consideration big things: moving, changing jobs, changing careers, starting a business.
It is frustrating when we have ideas and tasks we want to do but don’t seem to make yourself do them. It seems so simple. What stops us?
1. Modal operators: must, have to, want, need, should
2. Submodality maps
3. Don't know how or missing information
4. Lateral or mismatched criteria
6. Confusion with goals and tasks
7. Viewed as not fun or significant
This episode discusses strategies to get yourself going and where to start.