Current M3 and Future Pediatrician/Dean of Admissions Corey Thompson details his experiences growing up on the East Side of Columbus, Ohio, what it means to learn to be a doctor in the same city he calls home, and about his health education HEADS UP
- Who is Corey Thompson?
- How did you get to where you are sitting right now?
- Columbus - Born & Bred
- You are a Hometown Hero; How does it feel to be training to be a physician, within the same city and community you’re invested in growing and building in the future?
- Tell us more about where you’re from in Columbus
- What is Heads Up? Why did you decide to start this program?
- What’s your hope for its long term impact?
- Columbus -
- Do you feel people (classmates, residents, attendings, etc.) have a good feel of the spirit of the people and the vibe of the city? Or do you feel people have these preconceptions that may (or may not) leak into interactions with locals?
- How would you compare campus to the surrounding areas? What’s different? To your knowledge, how do people feel about OSU (beyond the athletic programs)?
- Do you look to stay in Columbus? What kind of impact do you hope to make?
- Where can we follow you? How can we support Heads Up?
Follow Corey @whatsupdoc_21 on Instagram and Twitter
Follow HEADS UP @headsup_osucom on Instagram & Twitter
Follow the podcast @a2o_podcast on Instagram and Twitter