Ohio State M4 (and future anesthesiologist) Derin Adejare-Smith joins the podcast to talk about her blog "Curve Balls & Med School", which has motivated hundreds of pre-medical students for over 6 years to pursue careers in medicine.
- Who is Derin Adejare-Smith?
- How did you get to where you are sitting right now?
- Curve Balls & Medical School
- How did it start?
- What has kept it going?
- What has been the most rewarding part of it all? Take us to a moment where you realized the power of what you do?
- What do you think is the role of a physician in promoting healthy habits and behaviors in their patients?
- As a future doctor and fitness enthusiast, and someone who blogs in a way that i’m sure is therapeutic for you well-being,
- Art of the Side Hustle/Side Project
- Her opinion on free time in medical school
- Growing interest & demand in finding physicians who can have an impact beyond the walls of the hospital;
- Do you agree? and do you see yourself being that kind of physician?
- What advice would you have for people, who are busy like yourself (med students, residents, pre-meds, lawyers, whoever) and are looking to carve out some time to pursue a passion but are unsure of how?
- Let’s fast forward 10 years, it’s 2029;
- Who is Derin Adejare now? What’s she up to? Where can we find her?
Follow Derin: @hey.derin (Instagram), @AdejareSmith (Twitter)
Follow Our Podcast: @a2o_podcast (Instagram, Twitter)