Jennifer Chu is one of the country's first Board Certified Women’s Health Specialists. She has been a physical therapist since 1997, and in 2001 she opened ITR Physical Therapy in order to create an environment where patients would receive the individualized, quality, and manual care that she believes each patient deserves.
Jennifer has spoken nationally about her field, has participated in clinical research regarding release techniques for painful bladder syndrome and painful C section scars.
On this episode we discuss:
- Giving clients the time & attention they need while also taking care of yourself
- How Jen ended up pursuing an entrepreneurial life even though that wasn't her original plan
- Why she niched down to serve patients with pelvic pain & dysfunction (& how to try a bunch of specialities out before you choose a population)
- Starting a practice with word of mouth marketing & professional networking
- The MOST IMPORTANT thing to invest in when you're first starting out (hint: it has to do with education!)
- Being aligned with yourself & delegating as soon as you can
- The important work of destigmatizing women's health issues & helping patients become more aware of their individual needs
- Why Jen does a ton of outreach in the community (for free!) & recommends this to all newbie wellness practitioners
Resources from this episode: