Jan 18, 2023
5. Tips for Better Data Collection
Special educators know that there are so many different ways to track student progress through data collection. This episode dives into ancedotal notes and how to make sure this type of data SPEAKS loudly at the next IEP meeting.
The tips I'm sharing on taking anecdotal notes come from a variety of perspectives I've had over the years - special educator, special education instructional coach, and IEP advocate.
Can't wait to hear what you think about the examples I share in this data collection episode!
After listening, be sure to click over to the show notes to grab your own free data tracking tools: https://positivelylearningblog.com/data-collection-anecdotal-notes
*In this episode, we cover:*
* How to make your anecdotal notes more effective in helping your student receive the support they need
* Examples (and non-examples) of constructive ancedotal notes
* What to do with ALL the "extra" observation notes you're taking throughout the school year
* *Like or subscribe** wherever you listen to podcasts so you can get your weekly dose of special educator support, motivation, and tips!*
Send me a message on *Instagram* and let me know how which example resonated most with you. I absolutely love hearing from you all!
*Don’t forget to **like or subscribe** wherever you listen to podcasts so you never miss an episode!*
If you're a busy special education teacher looking for tips, tricks, and resources to save you precious time, I've got you covered! I'm here to help you regain your confidence in the classroom and feel calm and collected as a special educator.
Tune in every Wednesday for practical tips, tools, and the support you need to to THRIVE in the classroom.
Grab your FREE Special Educators Cheat Sheets at positivelylearningblog.com/free-resource-library/
Join the Facebook group
I'd love to hear what's working for you! Send me a message on Instagram @positivelylearning