Feb 2, 2023
Ep 10: Mailbag Edition – Answering Listener Questions About IRAs, Long Term Care, Tax Brackets & Much More
For episode 10 of Candid Conversations: Retirement Talk with Ryan Cravitz, we’re peppering Ryan with, you guessed it, 10 listener questions about a wide range of financial planning and retirement topics. From IRAs to long term care, tax brackets, reverse mortgages and more, Ryan will share tips and guidance that will level up your financial knowledge in almost every corner of the retirement planning space.
One listener is turning 72 and starting to worry about RMDs. Another is interested in working with multiple financial advisors. Is that a clever idea or a recipe for disaster? Another question leaves us thinking about the adage of why you should never assume. And what do you do if you’re afraid to spend money in retirement? You might be surprised that’s actually a common issue among many people who leave the workforce.
So check out this episode of Candid Conversations: Retirement Talk for answers to these questions and more helpful discussions about money and finance.
*Here’s some of what you’ll learn on the podcast:
* Question: I turned 72 at the beginning of the year, so I’ll have to start taking money out of my IRA this year, even though I don’t really need it. Can I just take it out and reinvest it right back in something else? *(1:23)*
* Question: I’m considering working with a new financial advisor, but only with half of my money. I want to keep the other half with a different advisor. Since you’re a neutral third party without a vested interest, I’m hoping you can confirm that this is a good idea, since I’d be able to get advice from multiple people? *(4:22)*
* Question: Is a reverse mortgage a good idea? *(9:02)*
* Do you assume you’ll automatically be in a lower tax bracket in retirement? Ryan answers a listener question from someone who is surprised to have ended up in a higher tax bracket now that they’ve pulled the retirement trigger. *(14:20)*
* Ryan answers a listener question that will resonate with you if you’re perhaps afraid of spending the money in retirement. *(17:45)*
If you have any questions, you can contact us online here: https://cravitzfinancial.com/
Investment Advisory Services offered through Brookstone Capital Management, LLC (BCM) a Registered Investment Advisor. Cravitz Financial & Insurance Solutions are independent of each other. Information provided is not intended as tax or legal advice and should not be relied on as such. You are encouraged to seek tax or legal advice from an independent professional. Ryan Cravitz and Cravitz Financial & Insurance Solutions are not affiliated with or endorsed by the Social Security administration or any other government agency.