We're all grown up today and talking about unusual fruits and vegetables that don't grow in the ways you think they grow!
On this Parent Busters podcast episode, we'll cover:
- What are the different ways fruit grow?
- What fruit is not grown on a tree?
- Do bananas grow on trees or?
- How do cashews grow OUTSIDE of the fruit?!
- Did you know chocolate grows on trees! (But not like in that Willy Wonka chocolate river room...)
- Do pineapples grow on trees or ground?
- Spiky world of pineapples and how they grow their own crowns
- The long process of how cocoa beans grow and are harvested into chocolate
- Odd edible plants that are actually more like Little Shop Of Horrors and toxic.
- The SHOCKING answer to can you eat cashews straight off the tree!
- If green bananas are better than ripe bananas
- Different colors of bananas
- Why brown bananas are sweeter than green bananas
- How long does it take to grow pineapple?
- How many pineapples do you get from one plant?
- & MORE about weird fruits that grow on trees and things you think grow on trees but don't!
We'll also cover some interesting facts about kiwi vines, weird growing asparagus shoots, and corn sweat, so be sure to listen to the end!
Support the show
Grab your free Buster Deduction sheet for kids!
Check out how your can support our LISTEN FOR CAUSE to help us give back to others!
*All resources and references used in researching this podcast episode are found on the corresponding episode post on ParentBusters.com.