In this Parent Busters podcast episode, Jackie and Ella talk about one of their FAVORITE people they've ever studied — actress Hedy Lamarr!
If you're all like "HUH?" and "WHO???" it's time to get your system hopping by hooking up to your WiFi and pairing your GPS because on this exciting STEM episode on a sneaky secret communications system we'll cover:
- Who was Hedy Lamarr? (And why should we care?)
- What the heck is up with the bad boy of music, George Antheil?
- What was the Golden Age of Hollywood?
- What did Hedy Lamarr actually invent?
- What is Hedy Lamarr famous for?
- Did Hedy Lamarr really invent WiFi? / Who invented WiFi?
- What's the Hedy Lamarr wifi myth?
- Was Wi-Fi an accident?
- What is signal hopping / frequency hopping and how do we use it today?
- Did the Navy steal the Hedy Lamarr patent?
- Surprising and sometimes weird Hedy Lamarr inventions
- Hysterical Hedy Lamarr quotes
- And, of course, was Hedy Lamarr too pretty to be smart? (And why we included that...)
Support the show
*ALL SOURCES, RESOURCES, & INFO USED IN THIS EPISODE ARE LISTED IN THE EPISODE POST ON PARENTBUSTERS.COM. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO VISIT THE SITES AND CONTINUE LEARNING AFTER LISTENING!
Grab your free Buster Deduction sheet for kids!
Check out how your can support our LISTEN FOR CAUSE to help us give back to others!
*All resources and references used in researching this podcast episode are found on the corresponding episode post on ParentBusters.com.