6 days ago
Procrastination: Find the Cues, Choices, and Rewards that damage our Mental and Physical Health and derail our Opportunities. Tim Ferriss shares the Fear Setting exercise. Dan Greening shares his Habit Deflection approach
In this Mindful Agility podcast episode on procrastination, hosts Mirela Petalli and Dan Greening delve into the hidden costs of procrastination. Have you wondered how procrastination could impact not just your work, but also your mental and physical health? This episode uncovers shocking research findings from Sweden that link procrastination to poor health outcomes. Tune in to discover an innovative tool developed by productivity guru Tim Ferriss to help overcome his fear of failure. You'll also hear compelling personal stories of overcoming procrastination through mindfulness techniques. Are you ready to turn your procrastination habit around and boost your success and wellbeing? Don't delay; listen to this enlightening episode today.*Resources*
* Eva Skillgate et al, “Procrastination is linked to poor health – new study,” *The Conversation* (Jan 16, 2023).
* Fred Johansson et al, “Associations Between Procrastination and Subsequent Health Outcomes Among University Students in Sweden,” JAMA Network Open 6(1) (Jan 3 2023), doi:10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2022.49346.
* Tim Ferriss, “Why you should define your fears instead of your goals,” TED2017.
* Tim Ferriss et al, Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers, 2017.*Credits*
* Reviewers: Ron Lussier, Stephen Zimmerman, Colleen Zimmerman, and Eve Rubell
* Stinger sound Swing beat 120 xylophone side-chained by Casonika licensed CC BY 4.0*Staff*
* Daniel Greening, host, agile coach, and computer scientist
* Mirela Petalli, co-host, meditation guide, and neurocritical nursing instructor
* Dan Dickson, business coach, executive and management consultant *Links*
* Mindful Agility Substack ("The Mindful Sprint" weekly brief)
* Mindful Agility web site
* Mindful Agility Community Facebook group
* Mindful Agility Youtube channel