Activism is once again front and center in the news lately with several high-profile situations taking the spotlight, from Trian and Disney (DIS) to Elliott and Salesforce (CRM). Thus it was timely to sit down with one of the experts in the activist landscape Michael R. Levin, founder of The Activist Investor and experienced board director and investor.
Michael and David discuss:
- Refresher on UPC contested shareholder voting
- How have activist contests been affected since the rule change
- Settlements vs. voting, what are the trends?
- Land & Buildings / Apartment Investment contest
- What are activists doing to take advantage of the new rules?
- How are companies and boards responding to UPC?
- What to look out for the rest of 2023? ESG Proponents?
Learn more about Michael R Levin and the activist investor at The Activist Investor