Mar 1, 2023
International Conference of Reformed Churches (ICRC) Diaconal Committee
In this episode, David Nakhla takes the show on the road to Namibia, in southern Africa to interview the International Conference of Reformed Churches (ICRC) Diaconal Committee. This seven-member group from six continents meets quarterly by zoom and in person every two years to discuss matters of concern for the reformed church and how to continue to grow and bless one another. With the world events happening around us, there's no better time to understand how like-minded churches can encourage and enable one another in the many realms of international diaconal work, including disasters, such as COVID, and what is happening in Ukraine and Turkey.
Members of the ICRC Diaconal Committee include:
* Mr. David Nakhla, United States
* The Rev. Dr. Aaron Bae, Korea
* The Rev. Dr. Pieter Boon, South Africa
* The Rev. Ge Drayer, The Netherlands
* The Rev. Lungawiruol Khawbung, Inida
* Mr. Rick Postma, Canada
* Mr. Chris Boersema, Brazil
The ICRC Diaconal Committee mandate is as follows:
* Work towards a common understanding of what fully orbed Reformed diaconal ministry ought to look like, confer with ICRC member churches on such an understanding, and challenge them to pursue establishing such ministry in their churches.
* Encourage and facilitate networking among representatives of the diaconal agencies/ministries of the ICRC member churches for the purposes of exchanging information on the work of deacons locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally, discussing issues of mutual concern, and exploring ways for possible cooperation in ministries of mercy among the member churches.
* Bring focus to the diaconal ministry at ICRC conferences by employing various formats (presentation of papers, round-table discussions, information table, video presentation, etc.) to encourage networking and present material that has been collected and/or developed.
* In response to the request of a member church in case of a major disaster, identify entities connected with member churches, working in the area and/or responding to the disaster and provide contact information. This committee serves to facilitate networking and does not serve as a source or channel of funding for member churches.
Find out more about the ICRC and find resources for deacons on their website: https://www.icrconline.com. Let us know if you would like to learn more about how the ICRC Diaconal Committee works, or if you have any other questions by emailing: email@example.com.
Like, subscribe and comment. We really do like comments.