On the latest ICAEW Insights podcast, we explore the problems facing the aviation sector with experts Matthew Davy, director at Strategy& UK, and Eleni Kaloyirou, CEO of Hermes Airports, Cyprus.
The panel discuss the business drivers behind this summer’s flight woes, including the effects of ongoing staff shortages. Plus, we examine the long-term pressures facing the industry as passenger travel finds new equilibrium following the pandemic.
We then meet ICAEW climate change executive Sarah Reay to hear how aviation is taking its first steps towards a greener future, as well as how the Institute is supporting members on their own climate journeys.
- UK aviation: reform for take-off (House of Commons’ Transport Committee)
- The six secrets of profitable airlines (McKinsey)
- ICAEW Finance for the Future awards
- ICAEW Climate Summit
- ICAEW Climate for SMEs
- ICAEW sustainability certificate
- Matthew Davy, Director, Strategy& UK (PwC)
- Eleni Kaloyirou, CEO, Hermes Airports
- Sarah Reay, Climate Change Executive, ICAEW
Episode first published: 11 August 2022
Podcast recorded: 8 August 2022