Welcome to this ICAEW Insights podcast, where we analyse the latest news from the world of accountancy, business and finance.
On this show, we’ll speak to Liz Barclay, the government’s new Small Business Commissioner, on efforts to tackle the scourge of late payments.
ICAEW Tax Faculty’s Lindsey Wicks outlines the implications of the government’s proposed reforms to basis periods.
Football finance expert and chartered accountant Kieran Maguire gives us the story behind his hit podcast ‘The Price of Football’.
And ICAEW’s Katharine Bagshaw explains why the IAASB thinks we need an audit standard for less complex entities.
Links to resources discussed in the show:
- Getting paid sooner: the vital role of accountants.
- Contact the Office of the Small Business Commissioner.
- TAFR gets real with consultation on basis period reform.
- Basis period reform – feedback needed.
- Speed of basis period reform risks integrity of tax system, warn professional bodies.
- Digital marketplaces to report sellers’ incomes to HMRC as early as 2023.
- Football clubs should target accountants this transfer window.
- An Evening with Kieran Maguire.
- The Price of Football podcast.
- Less complex entities: ICAEW salutes IAASB’s initiative.
Tom Herbert, online editor ICAEW Insights, We Are Sunday
- Katharine Bagshaw, Manager, Auditing Standards, ICAEW
- Kieran Maguire, Football Finance Lecturer, University of Liverpool and co-founder, Price of Football podcast
- Lindsey Wicks, Technical Editor, ICAEW Tax Faculty
- Liz Barclay, Small Business Commissioner
Episode first published: 26 August 2021
Podcast recorded: 24 and 25 August 2021