May 27, 2021
Does lasting love really exist?
If you ask someone if they want to get married, you'll receive a variety of different answers. But if you ask them if they want lasting love, across the board, you're going to hear, "Yes. They do want to love and be loved". You're also going to hear some skepticism about whether or not lasting love really even exists anymore or whether or not they believe it will happen for them.
We are in a culture where this is a much more common problem than it's ever been before. In 1960. When my parents were dating, 72% of all adults were married. That meant that the other 28% were single, never married, widowed, divorced, or not married yet. But the rest, 72%, were married, and 59% of 30-year-olds were married. Let's fast forward 50 years, and in 2010, only 20% of 30-year-olds were married, and in 2015, 51% of all adults were married. We have experienced as a culture a huge shift in attachment!*
My name is Alisa Goodwin Snell, and welcome to the Lasting Love Podcast, where we feature real life,…