When Scott Conners joined Landmark Partners in the 1990s, he says the value of the private equity secondaries market was an estimated $500 million. In 2021, the market value of secondaries reached $135 billion*. Now Managing Director and President of FlowStone Partners, Scott shares his views on the secondaries market over the last 30 years.
Hear Scott’s reflections on:
- Skiing dreams to working in the nascent secondaries market.
- The decades-long evolution of the secondaries market.
- Private equity as one of the last apprenticeship businesses.
- Looking at the current opportunity set in secondaries.
- A memorable secondaries deal involving life-saving technology.
*Institutional Investor, April 1, 2022: How the Pandemic Transformed the PE Secondaries Market
Follow Scott Conners: LinkedIn
Follow Flowstone: LinkedIn
Follow CAIS: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook