This week Staci Hegarty talks about the importance of understanding personal values to cultivate a better culture with J. Dwayne Garnett, Love Advocate, Founder/CEO of Love Is A Parable, an education and training nonprofit providing value-based education, sales strategies and culture enhancement to organizations. J. Dwayne Garnett shares how his 19 years in higher education and curriculum development supported the customization for his clients.
Listen as Staci and J. Dwayne Garnett chat:
- The way values help to shape and identify how people see themselves and others and impact their decisions
- How our personal and professional lives rely on one another and following through the emotions that arise to maintain the balance
- The concept of biases as ‘values that received a dirty name’ and sifting through the discomfort
- Training organizations going beyond visible diversity for true inclusion
- The complexity of love, kindness, and uncomfortable conversations and how they contribute to creating the most diverse and authentic organizations
Learn more about J. Dwayne Garnett and Love Is A Parable on their website or through social media: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. Tune into their podcast Brother empowerMENt on Spotify.
Connect with us to learn more about how our RISE platform helps companies make a commitment to promote diversity, inclusion, equity and create an environment where your people are empowered to drive change and innovation: https://bit.ly/EnvisionRISE.