Have you ever thought about how your body image might be impacting your sex life? Most people don’t realize that the thoughts we have about our bodies can actually inhibit or even prevent us from being able to enjoy sex or reach orgasm.
On this episode of “The Language of Love,” Dr. Laura Berman connects the dots between body image and sex, explaining why the pressures of our current society have complicated sexual pleasure for the average person.
After listening to this episode, you will know:
• How porn has warped our ideas of how naked bodies should look
• How negative beliefs about our bodies and genitalia can poison our pleasure in the bedroom
• That even men can greatly suffer from poor body image, especially when it comes to the size of their penis or how long they can last in the bedroom
• How to begin to release your negative self-talk and create an environment of a compassion and self-love in the bedroom
• How studies have shown that our feelings about our genitals and sexual pleasure can prevent women from reaching orgasm
Sexual pleasure often starts in the mind, so if you want to amplify your intimacy, we often need to begin by addressing our expectations and beliefs about ourselves.
To talk to Dr. Laura Berman about your sex, love, or body image issues, contact her on social media or send her an email at email@example.com