May 19, 2022
Hardscaping – Why You Should Consider Your Trees When Building on Your Yard
Cindy Grady, regional business developer in Minnesota, talks about why you should be thinking about your trees when adding something to your yard, such as a pool, deck, patio, etc.
*In this episode we cover:*
* Compaction (0:42)
* Preservation (2:30)
* Right tree, right place (3:21) (12:04)
* Sweet gum tree (4:10)
* Knowing where the roots will grow (5:49)
* Building a deck around a tree (7:39)
* Buying once (10:00)
* What Cindy's job entails and how she started it (16:01)
* Some of Cindy's favorite trees (18:57)
To find your local Davey office, check out our *find a local office* page to search by zip code.
To learn about trees with non-invasive root systems, read our blog, Fruit, Shade and Curbside Trees with Non-Invasive Root Systems.
To learn about trees to plant and avoid planting near a structure, read our blog, The Best and Worst Trees to Plant Near a House (By Zone).
Connect with Davey Tree on social media: