In today's episode, I'm sharing the story of when had a one-time bout with Acute Bronchitis and the essential oils I used for treating and healing the issue. I will also share the specific methods of application protocol I created that helped with my getting better fast!
What You Will Hear in Episode 61:
- What exactly is Bronchitis?
- What are the symptoms of Bronchitis?
- How did I determine which essential oils would help resolve my Bronchitis?
- The 3-step method-of-application protocol I followed
- The properties of the essential oils I used
- Smell My Life: Application of Trauma Oil on a bruised foot
Resources and Links:
Methods of Applications as Mentioned in the Podcast:
1. Steam Inhalations: 1 drop of essential oil in a bowl of steamy hot water, 2-3 times/day, 5 min (note: I varied the oils with each inhalation)
- Spike Lavender (Lavendula latifolia), Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis ct. camphor), Eucalyptus Dives (all three oils are mucolytic, expectorant)
- Tea Tree (decongestant, anti-infectious, expectorant)
2. Nightly Chest Rub with Jojoba Oil at a 3% dilution (15 drops to 1 oz ounce of Jojoba) (varying the oils I use)
- Spike Lavender (mucolytic, expectorant, and I love the smell)
- Balsam Copaiba (anti-inflammatory, calming and I find the aroma comforting)
- Black Pepper, Ginger (warming)
- Balsam Fir (strong antimicrobial, dries mucous, calming for a spastic cough)
- Thyme ct. linalol (immune system support)
- Basil ct linalol (antispasmodic for cough)
3. Pre-Bedtime Bath (10-20 drops in the tub right before I stepped in then soak for 30 minutes breathing in the steam)
- 2 Cups of Epsom Salts (to detox from the prescription meds)
- I rotated the essential oils mentioned above.
Support the show
📬 Subscribe for more Aromatic Wisdom from Liz!