Oct 11, 2021
Conscious Parenting and Personal Growth - a conversation with Gita Matlock
This month our conversation is with Gita Matlock, mother of 2, who resides with her family at Ananda Village, the spiritual community in Northern California where she was born and raised. She attended the Living Wisdom School where her children are now students and serves on the Board of Directors for the school as well.
Gita is also an equine-guided life coach and co-founder of Herd Spirit which offers coaching, retreats and even yoga classes with horses. This work with horses, along with her training in yoga and meditation, has not only supported her own personal growth but has had a profound impact on her parenting as well.
*In this episode, we discuss:*
* developing a love for learning
* tips and tools for working on ourselves as parents/adults
* what gets in the way of parenting consciously
* practices support ourselves as parents
* what's really involved in behavior change
* how to work with big emotions
* communication, body language and working with energy
*Resources Mentioned in this Episode*
* Living Wisdom School, Nevada City
* Ananda Village
* Individual Coaching with Erin
* Herd Spirit: Healing Equine Reflection and Discovery
* Education for Life
And if you want more tips and inspiration, check out www.consciousfamilies.org and sign up to our weekly newsletter!