SHOW: Season 2, Show 4
OVERVIEW: From the creators of the Internet's #1 Cloud Computing podcast, The Cloudcast, Aaron Delp (@aarondelp) and Brian Gracely (@bgracely) introduce this new podcast, Cloudcast Basics.
FRAMEWORK FOR CONSIDERATION
- Does your technology impact your customers?
- Does your technology improve or degrade your teams?
- Do your competitors better leverage technology than your company?
- Do you use technology “excellence” to help recruit new talent? Do you actively market your technology excellent, opportunities, or projects, etc.
- Quite a bit of what we discussed in Episodes 1-3 can be applied to gaining a competitive business advantage (Innovation, Experimentation, Reduce Costs, Manage Risks).
- But forward looking companies are now realizing that every business decision is also a technological decision, and using it to their advantage.
- Are your people speaking about it in public?
- Are you positioning your company as a technology-centric company?
- Are you able to hire people in locations where technology is prevalent, or allow remote workers?
- Do you understand how to make technology modular, via partnerships, or using 3rd-party services instead of building it yourself?
SUBSCRIBE: Please subscribe anywhere you get podcasts (Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon Music, Pandora, etc.).
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
LEARNING CLOUD COMPUTING:
Here are some great places to begin your cloud journey, if you're interested in getting hands-on experience with the technology, or you'd like to build your skills towards a certification.