SHOW: Season 1, Show 5
OVERVIEW: From the creators of the Internet's #1 Cloud Computing podcast, The Cloudcast, Aaron Delp (@aarondelp) and Brian Gracely (@bgracely) introduce this new podcast, Cloudcast Basics.
- What does database mean in the cloud? Relational, Non-Relational, Key-Value, In-Memory, Time Series, Document
- How are databases allocated? Purpose, Capacity, Performance, Availability, Geographic Location
- How were databases allocated before cloud computing? DBAs
- What does the cloud computing provider do with a database offering (responsibilities vs. customer responsibilities? Lots of variety, depending on the service
- Why are there so many variations of databases? (lots of different application needs, DB technology has advanced quite a bit in the last decade)
- Does it matter where the database is located? How do clouds organize databases(availability zones, regions, etc.)?
- How much do databases cost in the cloud? What are the various ways you can buy security? Native services vs. 3rd-party services.
SUBSCRIBE: Please subscribe anywhere you get podcasts (Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon Music, Pandora, etc.).
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
LEARNING CLOUD COMPUTING:
Here are some great places to begin your cloud journey, if you're interested in getting hands-on experience with the technology, or you'd like to build your skills towards a certification.