Mar 13, 2023
Saving senior dogs with videogames | An interview about mobile game Old Friend Dog Game
Rescue Dog Love host Yamini chats to Emma Johansson, Creative Director of Runaway Games, about their game Old Friends Dog Game. This is a mobile game all about running a senior dog sanctuary, based on the real Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary in Tennessee. Emma got to do some on-the-grounds research with the organization and was a key player in creating this adorable game. We discuss the inspiration, the dogs, and just why the game resonates so much with dog lovers.
Have you played it yet? If you do (links below), use the code RESCUEDOGLOVE to get a custom in-game rug design of the Rescue Dog Love logo! If you use it, send me some screenshots of your rug in the game! Once in the game, you can claim it by scrolling down the Barket Store and click on the Claim Coupon Codes Here button.
- Learn more about the Old Friends Dog Game on their website and Instagram
- You can download the game on iOS and Android - *and don't forget to use the code RESCUEDOGLOVE to get a cute rug for your Sanctuary!*
- You can learn about the original Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary in Tennessee on their website and social media (Instagram, TikTok)
- Old Friends Game merch store (100% of proceeds go to the real sanctuary OFSDS)
- Bonfire fundraiser t-shirt design (100% of proceeds go to the real sanctuary OFSDS)
Support the show
- Our new intro and outro were produced by Creatorly Media.
- There may be some swearing in this podcast.
- All advice given on Rescue Dog Love podcast is from a personal standpoint only - every dog is different and should be evaluated by a professional. For questions on your dog's training and health, please consult your vet and trainer and do thorough research.
- Please rate us on Spotify Podcast and review us on Apple Podcasts to help our show continue to thrive and reach new people!
- We also have a Buy Me a [Pizza] account, where all proceeds will go towards my monthly podcasting fees. Support the show!