Welcome back to Rescue Dog Love! Today, host Yamini chats with Kassidi, PhD student, mom to rescue dog Ginger and animal advocate who uses her Instagram platform to educate on dogs, racism and allyship. We discuss her adorable pitbull mix Ginger, and go into the history of pitbulls and their relationship to anti-Blackness, as well as other issues about race that are persistent in the dog world (and overall world, duh!). Plus, of course, we chat all the different ways we can think before we continue to perpetuate white supremacy!
- You can find Kassidi at her account @gingers_naps and her website
- Get her reading list here
- Find her Black Dog Account List and POC Dog Account List here
- Read Kassidi's observations on dog Instagram culture in this article with Tails of Connection
- Our new intro and outro were produced by Creatorly Media.
- There may be some swearing in this podcast.
- All advice given on Rescue Dog Love podcast is from a personal standpoint only - every dog is different and should be evaluated by a professional. For questions on your dog's training and health, please consult your vet and trainer and do thorough research.
- Please rate us on Spotify Podcast and review us on Apple Podcasts to help our show continue to thrive and reach new people!
- We also have a Buy Me a [Pizza] account, where all proceeds will go towards my monthly podcasting fees. Support the show!