May 19, 2023
C++Now 2023 with Ben Deane & Tristan Brindle!
In this episode, Conor and Bryce chat with Ben Deane and Tristan Brindle about C++Now 2023!
* Link to Episode 130 on Website
* Discuss this episode, leave a comment, or ask a question (on GitHub)
* ADSP: The Podcast
* Conor Hoekstra
* Bryce Adelstein Lelbach
*About the Guests*
Ben Deane has been programming in C++ for this whole millennium. He spent just over 20 years in the games industry working for companies like EA and Blizzard; many of the games he worked on used to be fondly remembered but now he’s accepted that they are probably mostly forgotten. After getting more interested in modern C++, in the teens he started giving internal company talks and then talks at various conferences, spreading ideas about types, algorithms and declarative and functional techniques.
Tristan Brindle a freelance programmer and trainer based in London, mostly focussing on C++. He is a member of the UK national body (BSI) and ISO WG21. Occasionally I can be found at C++ conferences. He is also a director of C++ London Uni, a not-for-profit organisation offering free beginner programming classes in London and online. He has a few fun projects on GitHub that you can find out about here.
Date Recorded:* 2023-05-16
*Date Released:* 2023-05-19
* ADSP Episode 24: C++Now 2021 with Ben Deane & Tony Van Eerd
* ADSP Episode 29: From Papa John’s to Google (Part 1)
* ADSP Episode 58: Otto & Eric Niebler! (Part 1)
* Conquering C++20 Ranges - Tristan Brindle - CppCon 2021
* Ben Deane Talk Playlist
* C++Now 2018: Ben Deane “Easy to Use, Hard to Misuse: Declarative Style in C++”
* Sean Parent’s C++ Seasoning
* Declarative thinking, declarative practice - Kevlin Henney - Meeting C++ 2017
* CppCon 2016: Ben Deane “std::accumulate: Exploring an Algorithmic Empire”
* C++Now 2023: Calendrical C++: std::chrono, History, Mathematics and the Computus - Ben Deane
* C++Now 2023: Speeding Date: Implementing Fast Calendar Algorithms - Cassio Neri
* Leap Years
* C++Now 2023: Applicative: the Forgotten Functional Pattern - Ben Deane
* C++Now 2019: Ben Deane “Identifying Monoids: Exploiting Compositional Structure in Code”
* C++Now 2023: What is Low Latency C++? (Part 1) - Timur Doumler
* Monoids, Monads, and Applicative Functors: Repeated Software Patterns - David Sankel - CppCon 2020
*Intro Song Info*
Miss You by Sarah Jansen https://soundcloud.com/sarahjansenmusic
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
Free Download: http://bit.ly/l-miss-you