This episode inspired me to change the way I eat and I’m excited to share this topic with others. Guest Jeanne Petrucci and I discuss the connection between our mood, our health and the gut, including:
* Promising research on how our gut impacts our mood and vice versa
* What it means for the gut to be “leaky” and its relation to inflammation and the immune system
* The gut and the increase in food sensitivities
* What to feed the gut for your health and cancer prevention
* The role of fecal transplants
* What pregnant women and parents of young children need to know about the gut
Jeanne Petrucci is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and the founder of Living Plate (livingplate.org), an organization which seeks out the latest scientific research on nutrition and then shares that information through educational and culinary programs.