Build an exciting wine collection with the Collecting Series of the Vintec Club Podcast 🍷
In this new episode, we focus on Syrah & Grenache: two grape varieties that are closely linked to each other as they're often blended together in many wines around the world. Syrah (or Shiraz) is the celebrity of the appellations in Rhône Valley and the most planted grape in Australia; Grenache originates from Spain and is the third most widely planted variety in the world prized for its presence in wines like Châteauneuf du Pape or Priorat.
Together with our guest Andrea Pritzker MW, we share our recommendations of regions and producers to build an exciting Syrah/Grenache collection.
Happy Listening! 🍷
Producers to follow... and taste!
Northern Rhône, Hermitage:
- E. Guigal (Hermitage);
- Chapoutier (Hermitage);
- Jean-Louis Chave (Hermitage);
- Domaine Paul Jaboulet (Hermitage);
- Yves Cuilleron (Saint-Joseph);
- Andre Perret (Saint Joseph);
- Combier (Crozes-Hermitage).
- Domaine Pierre Usseglio (Châteauneuf du Pape);
- Domaine Charvin (Châteauneuf du Pape);
- Château Mont-Redon (Châteauneuf du Pape).
- Alvaro Palacios
- Blai Ferré
- Terroir Al Límit
- Heirloom Vineyards (South Australia);
- The Lane Vineyard (Adelaide Hills);
- Penfolds, Grange (South Australia);
- Henschke, Hill of Grace (Eden Valley, SA);
- Head Wines (Barossa, SA)
- Thomas Wines (Hunter Valley, NSW);
- Coates Wines (McLaren Vale, SA);
- Mount Langi Ghiran Vineyard (Grampians, VIC);
- Glenlofty Estate Wines (Pyrenees, VIC).
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay:
- Trinity Hill (Hawke's Bay);
- Craggy Range (Hawke's Bay);
- Blank Canvas (Hawke's Bay);
- Te Mata (Hawke's Bay);
- Ata Rangi (Martinborough);
- Dry River Wines (Martinborough).
- Richard Kershaw Wines (Elgin Valley)
- Cayuse Vineyards (Walla Walla Valley, Washington state)