Dec 2, 2021
50. How to Boost Your Energy, Sleep Better and Feel Your Best with Dr. Michael Breus
In this episode, Dr. Breus discusses managing your energy by understanding your chronotype and body type. He talks about the five types of energy and offers some practical tips on how to manage energy throughout the day.
* There are four chronotypes; early, middle, late, and insomniac.
* You have a genetically predisposed chronotype.
* Chronoquiz.com can help you understand your chronotype.
* Understanding your hormonal patterns can help you determine the best time of the day to do anything.
* Insomnia is usually caused by a problem.
* It is possible to shift your chronotype but trying to shift it more than one step can be problematic.
* If you are trying to get up too early, then you are fighting your genetics.
* There are different types of energy; resting energy, eating energy, movement energy, and emotional energy.
* Laughing is a great source of energy.
* 1pm to 3pm is a typical time for people to feel lacking in energy.
* Simple movement can boost energy. Movement does not need to be vigorous to re-energize.
* Planning simple movement throughout the day can help maintain energy.
* Most people only think about their energy when they do not have any.
* There are three body types: endomorph, ectomorph, and mesomorph.
* It is important to pick exercises based on your body type and what is motivating.
* Intermittent fasting can be more powerful when aligned with chronotype and body type.
* Waiting 90 minutes after waking up to have caffeine can be helpful since cortisol levels are still high from waking up. Caffeine has little impact when cortisol is still present.
* Listening to music increases dopamine and lowers cortisol.
* Laughing releases dopamine and serotonin.
* Nootropics are herbal supplements that can help with focus.
*All past episodes of the podcast: *