In this episode, Rebecca talks about her transition from cardio-based fitness and a lower carb eating mindset to strength training and focusing on properly fueling with macronutrients. She shares her “First Three” things to do to start improving your macronutrients. She also discusses mindset and gives several tips on how to stay focused on the journey.
- People focus too much on the end goal instead of enjoying the journey.
- You have to be able to enjoy the small improvements along the way.
- Carbs help your body recover. Without them, your body attacks lean muscle.
- It’s about making better choices and choosing more nutrient-dense carbs when you can.
- Your fitness choice and type of movement can require different levels of carb intake.
- Most women believe that cardio is the best choice.
- Hiring a nutritionist was one of the greatest investments that Rebecca ever made.
- Try to drink at least 100 ounces of water a day. Drink a full glass of water each morning. If you drink coffee, drink it before the coffee.
- Eat more vegetables.
- Eat more protein. Try to come close to your body weight in protein.
- Journal your time spent. Decide where you want to spend your time and look at what you can stop doing to find that time.
- Everybody can find 30 minutes in their day.
- You need to distance yourself from negative energy. It can be tough but that negative energy can harm your progress.
- People that expend negative energy can consume your time.
- Eat more good food and you’ll be so full that you won’t want be things.
All past episodes of the podcast: