In this episode, James talks about transformations, the healing power of the human body, how to change beliefs, and the importance of being non-attached.
"Everything is absolutely always unfolding perfectly" - James Colquhoun
- James discovered that it is important to clear your slate to reset how you think before trying to move forward.
- Most people never clear their mental and physical slate to help discover what truly drives them.
- Going through some big transformation can give some deeper insight into your essence and what you are here to do.
- James has been trying to help people understand what a powerful healing machine their body is.
- Detoxing and cleansing can offer your body a reset to help focus your approach on food.
- Now James is focusing on spiritual and mental reset to help focus attention.
- Non-attachment is a difficult muscle to recognize since we are trained to expect outcomes and instant gratification.
- Instead of paying attention to what is causing the symptoms of our discomfort, we are relying on instant relief from manufactured medicine.
- The idea of suffering is an illusion because we create it through an attachment to an outcome and desire for an outcome.
- Step 1: Practice being nothing and just being in the moment.
- Step 2: Be non-attached to what happens next.
- When things get “too comfortable” for James he tends to blow it up and move on to something new.
- James worked as a Qualified Ships Officer which allowed him to work with some of the world’s wealthiest people.
- James had an extraordinary job but was thinking about changing. He was told by his boss, “If you’re thinking about it, do it.” Which was a pivotal moment for James.
- While working for some of the wealthiest people in the world he realized that money does not make you happy or healthy.
- He witnessed the trap of wealth firsthand.
- Part of the reason for recording the experts was to let James’ dad see them.
- Education shifts your beliefs. Beliefs shift your choices. Choices shift the outcome of your life.
- People are living longer but also dying longer.
- Once James’ father shifted his beliefs, he saw major health and wellness improvements.
- Transformation comes through insight and/or pain.
- One of James’s favorite juices: Celery, cucumber, lime or lemon, ginger, and/or Turmeric.
- The Four Agreements and Man’s Search for Meaning are two of James’ favorite books to gift to people.
Food Matters Website
Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program
Food Matters Film
Man's Search for Meaning
The Four Agreements