Mar 2, 2021
Advancing Gender Equity in Global Health with Anuli Isichei
Global health is delivered by women and led by men. We talked to Anuli Isichei about how we can change this status quo, advance gender equity, foster accountability among partners, and cultivate change agents in global health.
Anuli Isichei is currently the Program Manager at the Healthcare Leadership Academy where she also serves as a faculty member, mentor, and Partnership and Fundraising Lead. She is a registered nurse, who has won several awards, including being recognized in 2020 by WHO, UNFPA, and Women in Global Health as one of 100 Global Outstanding Women Nurse and Midwife Leaders. In 2012, Anuli was selected out of more than 500 nurses across Long Island, New York to receive the prestigious Nurse of Excellence Award. She is a member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society and holds a Master of Public Administration from Columbia University where she was a Dean’s Service Scholar.
*Resources mentioned in this episode:*
* Healthcare Leadership Academy: https://www.hlaafrica.org/
* Dead Aid: Why Aid Is Not Working and How There Is a Better Way for Africa by Dambisa Moyo
* Jeffrey Sachs’ website: https://www.jeffsachs.org/
* Find Seed Global Health & Healthcare Leadership Academy on social media:*
* Seed on instagram: @seedglobalhealth
* Seed on Twitter: @Seed_Global
* Seed on Facebook: @seedglobalhealth
* Seed on LinkedIn: Seed Global Health
* Healthcare Leadership Academy on Twitter: @HlaInfo