In this episode, we're traveling to India to have a chat with Naga Subramanya of the Passion People Podcast!
Naga is a podcaster and host of the Passion People podcast, a show dedicated to sharing the stories of relatable people so that listeners can get encouraged to chase their dreams. He also co-founded O2 Pod Collective, an advocacy group of podcasters in Bangalore, India to push forward the medium of podcasting!
In this episode, we talk about:
- The mission behind the Passion People podcast,
- Naga's observations and predictions on the Indian podcasting scene
- The definition of passion as a pursuit of expression
- 02:55 Naga's origin story and how he got into podcasting
- 05:30 "We're always safeguarded in India" Unlocking his source of passion
- 10:26 The helm, the grain and the ripple star: Passion People's Logo
- 14:53 There are no failed pre-interviews, and our different interview methods
- 20:09 "I have no dream guest" How Naga keeps the podcast relatable
- 22:45 About fans who reached out about losing their passion
- 25:47 How does one find their own definition of passion?
- 31:44 India's podcasting scene: Naga paints a picture (Indies, Companies, Monetization)
- 41:12 How India's broadcasting companies are tapping into the podcasting space + challenges
- 47:17 The rise in smart speakers, and religious audio content
- 48:48 The rise of India's podcast apps
- 50:26 Naga's predictions for Indian podcasting and O2Pod Collective's plans
- 54:19 What would you like to see more of in the Asian podcasting scene?
- 56:19 Naga's podcast playlist
Like the show?