I haven't done any marriage counseling since my internship in graduate school, so I asked my good friend Summer McKinney to be on the show to talk about how you can support your spouse who is struggling with anxiety. She provides some excellent tips such as
- When is it a good time to pursue marriage counseling? Hint: not when most people do!
- How to be present for your spouse
- What they might need from you when anxiety hits
- What to do if you are driven nuts by your spouse's anxious behavior or OCD rituals
- Anxiety as a third party in the marriage
Summer McKinney: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/summer-mckinney-smyrna-tn/128233
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/hopeforanxiety)