Feb 28, 2023
33 Years in Policing - Cst. Chantal Ziegler
We chat with Chantal Ziegler as her 33 years of policing is coming to an end. Chantal joined the RCMP in 1990 at 21 years old, she attended her basic training at Depot in Regina as part of an all French speaking troop. Upon graduating, the RCMP decided to post her to the small Hamlet of Evansburg, Alberta an all English and Portuguese community! One of her favourite memories in the RCMP was being trained for the Musical Ride and being posted to Banff where she was photographed for the front page of National Geographic. In 1999, Chantal joined the Calgary Police Service. More importantly she met her future husband at the Calgary Stampede! After a few years in Calgary, Chantal relocated to Victoria and joined VicPD. Chantal enjoyed working in Esquimalt as the Community Resource Officer (CRO), in the Detective Division as the Missing Persons Coordinator, as an ACT (Assertive Community Treatment) Officer, as an Under Cover Officer (UCO) and with the Greater Victoria Emergency Response Team (GVERT) as a Crisis Negotiator.
Chantal plans to be back working soon but not before she travels to Spain to trek on the Camino Trails. We wish her luck in her post policing career.
Sound editing done by Todd Mason.
*More about the Victoria City Police Union (VCPU):*
- *Tweet us at **https://twitter.com/VicPD_Union*
- *Follow us on Instagram at **https://www.instagram.com/vicpd_union/*
- *Find us on FaceBook at **https://www.facebook.com/truebluevictoria/*
- *Visit our website for information at **https://truebluevic.ca/*
- *Email us at **email@example.com** for any media inquiries or requests to be on the True Blue Podcast