In this episode, Andrew starts off by talking about why airplane cabins are so dry and what you can do about it. Then he looks at the lasting impacts of the 9/11 attacks on air travel today.
- Why do aircraft cabins feel so dry? If you’ve ever felt this way, you’re not wrong. Find out why this is the case and what you can do about it in this episode.
- This episode has been released on September 11 and it is fitting to talk about the 9/11 attacks and its impacts on aviation. Andrew starts off by recapping the event and its immediate aftermath, before looking at longer term effects on air travel.
- There once was a time where family and friends could accompany passengers to the gate and children could visit the cockpit in flight. This episode looks at how the September 11 attacks changed aviation forever. We also explore some of the subsequent developments in airport security that weren’t directly the result of the attack but were implemented in a post-9/11 context.
Other materials mentioned in this episode:
- Zero Hour: A History of 9/11 – This is a narrative nonfiction limited podcast series that looks back on the people and events that led to the September 11 terror attacks and their consequences. (Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts)
- 9/11 Memorial & Museum – Located at the World Trade Center site in New York City, the National September 11 Memorial & Museum remembers and honors the 2,983 people killed in the horrific attacks of September 11 and those who risked their lives to save others.
- Come from Away – This heartwarming musical tells the story of the 7,000 passengers who ended up stranded in a small town of Newfoundland, Canada as a result of the 9/11 attacks.
- Talking About Trusted Traveler Programs – Episode 41 of Flying Smarter covers TSA PreCheck, including what it is, what the benefits are and how you can get it. Learn more about how to skip the line at airport security and get expedited screening.
Enjoying the podcast? Follow us on social media for additional content, updates, sneak peeks, and more!
Connect with Flying Smarter:
Facebook: Flying Smarter Podcast
LinkedIn: Flying Smarter