Welcome to another episode of the Pantry Chat, this week we're answering YOUR questions!
All of the questions are time stamped and many of the links are listed here.
For more links and the related blog posts, be sure to visit the blog here: https://homesteadingfamily.com/pantry-chat-podcast-47
- Polyface Micro by Joel Salatin: https://homesteadingfamily.com/polyface-micro-yt
- Brandon Sheard w/ The Farmstead Meatsmith: https://farmsteadmeatsmith.com
0:00 - Chit Chat
15:27 - Q&A
15:36 - Fermenting in Bale Jars
17:41 - Instant Lasagna Garden Tips
19:51 - Frozen Fruit for Fruit Leather
21:41 - Keeping Produce Fresh
26:37 - Adding Herbs to Fresh Bread
27:32 - Rocks in the Soil
28:41 - How Long do Fermented Vegetables Last
30:53 - Safely topping off water in ferments
31:20 - Meat in Your Compost
32:22 - Air Pockets in Ferments
33:00 - Why Pasteurize Milk for Dairy
37:39 - Growing Enough for Preserving All At Once
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We're so glad you're here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here: http://bit.ly/HFWelcomeVideo
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit us on our blog: https://www.homesteadingfamily.com
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/homesteadingfamily
A few highlights you don't want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Healthy Healing at Home – Learn how to confidently use herbal medicine in your home with this FREE 4 video workshop: https://homesteadingfamily.com/HHHyt
Your Best Loaf – A Free 4 video workshop teaching you how to make great bread at home, every time, regardless of the recipe you are using: https://homesteadingfamily.com/free-bread-workshop
Meals on Your Shelf – Can along with me! Learn to can and put jars of a delicious meal on your pantry shelf with this FREE video series: https://homesteadingfamily.com/MOYS-free-workshop
FREE PDF DOWNLOADS:
- 5 Steps to a More Self-Sufficient Life - Simple steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle. https://homesteadingfamily.com/5StepsYT
- Thrive Wellness Checklist - A simple guide for healthy living: https://homesteadingfamily.com/TWC_YT
- Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list - Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
- Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs - Grab your guide to preserving eggs with multiple methods. https://homesteadingfamily.com/Eggs_YT
- 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden - Get an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden. https://homesteadingfamily.com/5StepsGardenYT