Join us for this Pantry Chat with Melissa K Norris from Pioneering Today as she shares with us how to successfully grow a year's worth of food without getting overwhelmed.
For more information, links, and step-by-step instructions, visit the blog post here: https://homesteadingfamily.com/how-to-grow-a-years-worth-of-food
Grab Melissa's book, The Family Garden Plan: https://homesteadingfamily.com/family-garden-plan-yt
Freeze Dried Chicken Pot Pie Recipe (and video): https://homesteadingfamily.com/freeze-dried-or-frozen-chicken-pot-pie
0:00 Chit Chat
10:48 - Seed expiration date
17:29 - Growing a Year's Worth of Food
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We're so glad you're here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here: http://bit.ly/HFWelcomeVideo
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit us on our blog: https://www.homesteadingfamily.com
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/homesteadingfamily
A few highlights you don't want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Healthy Healing at Home – Learn how to confidently use herbal medicine in your home with this FREE 4 video workshop: https://homesteadingfamily.com/HHHyt
Your Best Loaf – A Free 4 video workshop teaching you how to make great bread at home, every time, regardless of the recipe you are using: https://homesteadingfamily.com/free-bread-workshop
Meals on Your Shelf – Can along with me! Learn to can and put jars of a delicious meal on your pantry shelf with this FREE video series: https://homesteadingfamily.com/MOYS-free-workshop
FREE PDF DOWNLOADS:
- Homesteading Family's Favorite Holiday Recipes - Grab all of our family’s favorite holiday recipes. https://homesteadingfamily.com/free-holiday-recipes
- 5 Steps to a More Self-Sufficient Life - Simple steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle. https://homesteadingfamily.com/5StepsYT
- Thrive Wellness Checklist - A simple guide for healthy living: https://homesteadingfamily.com/TWC_YT
- Permaculture for Your Homestead- An introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden.
- Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list - Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
- Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles - These easy casseroles are a life-saver for busy weeks! https://homesteadingfamily.com/MABC_YT
- Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs - Grab your guide to preserving eggs with multiple methods. https://homesteadingfamily.com/Eggs_YT
- 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden - Get an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden. https://homesteadingfamily.com/5StepsGardenYT
- Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop. https://homesteadingfamily.com/STC_YT
- Fearless Fermenting- A simple guide on basic lacto-ferments. https://homesteadingfamily.com/FF_YT
- Fermenting Tomatoes - Easiest and fastest tomato preservation: https://homesteadingfamily.com/FT_YT
- Preserving Culinary Herbs - Downloadable, step-by-step directions to drying, freezing, and salting culinary herbs. https://homesteadingfamily.com/PCH_YT
- Render Your Own Lard - Grab these easy instructions on how to render your own lard. https://homesteadingfamily.com/RYL_YT
- Grandma Lynn's Blueberry Buckle - A delicious dessert anytime of year: https://homesteadingfamily.com/BB_YT