We’re already moving fast through 2021 and it’s time to start thinking about garden planning! How can you optimize the most amount of food possible from whatever space you have available?
In this episode of Pantry Chat, Josh and Carolyn talk about food production right in your backyard. Whether you have a large amount of space or a small balcony the methods discussed will work great for you!
In this Episode:
- Josh and Carolyn describe how their food storage is going this year.
- Josh and Carolyn share stories about their oldest son getting his driver’s license.
- Josh and Carolyn talk about the best time to buy garden seeds and poultry.
- Carolyn discusses the new cadence with Pantry Chat episodes.
- Josh and Carolyn are busy planning a dairy class to come out in the fall.
- Josh explains how and why to check the pH levels in your soil before you begin your gardening adventures.
- Josh and Carolyn review best practices for garden sunlight.
- Why being able to see your garden is important for long-term success.
- How to maximize your space by choosing the right type of beans.
- Protecting your garden against various critters.
- Carolyn references 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden.
- Josh and Carolyn discuss how to get creative using containers and container gardening no matter what size your space is.