Thanksgiving is almost here and that means food and lots of it! Prepping a big Thanksgiving feast can be challenging, but having a good strategy in place can make all the difference between being thankful or being stressed in the kitchen.
In this episode of Pantry Chat, Josh and Carolyn share their own Thanksgiving menu, plus a few of their fun annual traditions, and some tips that can help you plan ahead to create a memorable and blessed holiday with your family.
In this Episode
- Get some of Carolyn and Josh’s favorite holiday recipes as well as Carolyn’s “go-to” pie crust.
- Why is Thanksgiving Josh and Carolyn’s favorite holiday?
- Why is sharing and giving thanks so important during this time?
- What is “Mayflower Night” and some of the other family traditions that Carolyn and Josh have every Thanksgiving?
- Why it’s OK to have pie for breakfast (Josh has a good reason!)
- What is on the menu for Thanksgiving this year at Josh and Carolyn’s house?
- Why you should write out your entire menu first and start by working backward?
- The importance of having extra butter on hand.
- What to plan for dinner for the night before and what is a good breakfast option for Thanksgiving morning?
- Why BYOD (bring your own dishes) is a great alternative for reducing waste.
- Find someone you can bless and invite them to dinner this year.
- Question of the day: Annette asks, “do you have a preferred supplier for all your jars?”